Monday, January 5, 2009

post-holiday

The climate seems to do crazy things to my sense of balance/stomach.  It had Jesse down for the count last Sunday (aside from getting up to preach), and pretty much did the same to me yesterday.  I'm still feeling a bit strange, but hoping I can work through it today to get the house cleaned up.  We're having people over Wednesday evening, and the house is not in any kind of shape for that to be happening.  The paintings we'd been planning to hang about a week ago are still sitting on/around the love seat, and various other items need to find homes for the place to be picked up.

As I look around on facebook, everyone is gearing up to go back to work, it seems.  For the past 3 years, I have done the same, and have been approaching the busiest time of year.  December/Christmas/New Year's were always bittersweet, because they represented a last hurrah of minimal control over my life and schedule.  I went into some kind of work-hibernation for 3 months, and emerged gasping for vacation time.  As much as I appreciated my time in public for the things it taught me about accounting, people in general, and myself in particular, it's nice not to spend quite so much time at work.  Right now, I'm not spending any time at work, but I'm hoping to find a happy medium with a job I can enjoy.  Pipe dream?  Perhaps.  But I'll keep looking.

No comments: