This update is somewhat delayed. We attended the annual Pastors' retreat for the district, and it was a wonderful time of learning, meeting, discussing, praying, and staying up way too late with our friends (who do we think we are, college students?). There were many good things about the conference, and we left not only feeling recharged, but also with some good ideas for how to allow our congregations to "catch the fire" (this is a reference to an obscure joke/prank I once heard about between two religion profs at HC; if you are unfamiliar with it, I will enlighten you.) and continue building up the church, through church planting and other means. Following the conference, we spent the remaining day with friends at Koorong and hanging out at their place, then headed to Newtown for dinner with a friend from the conference we attended earlier in January and his family. It was great to meet them, enjoy some delicious food, and relish conversation with friends.
During our time at the retreat, Jesse and I brought our mobile internet (we may only have 2G/month, but it uses the mobile phone network, so we can bring it with us places). It was a good thing too; I had forgotten my phone charger, and received an email that one of the companies I'd applied for would like me to come in for an interview. Between limited cell reception and time constraints on both ends, we finally connected and I set up to go in for an interview on Thursday (yesterday). I thought it went very well. We will find out if they thought so too.
On the home front, we are in need of groceries (having been away through late Wednesday night) and some cleaning. Right before we left, temperatures were so high, that we dragged the futon mattress into the living room (where the a/c is) and camped out for a couple nights. Now, temps have been in the low 20's, with some rain, and we are enjoying the cool break (and a chance to sleep on our real, comfortable mattress).
That's about all there is with us for now. We're relaxing until youth group tonight, with cricket on tv this afternoon. If I'm feeling motivated (and take advantage of the cool weather), I may even tackle some of that cleaning; for now, there are au gratin potatoes in the oven (we DID have some potatoes) and I'm catching up on email.

No comments:
Post a Comment