Thursday, February 5, 2009

minutiae

Aqua class yesterday was exhausting, but good.

I received a stuffed loon from my father-in-law for Christmas.  Visitors like to squeeze it so it makes its loon call, which is actually quite accurate.  Some of the visitors don't seem to believe that loons actually sound like that.  Jesse is not usually amused by the loon call.  I like it, because it reminds me of the Adirondacks.  Cool mountain air and friends at Star Lake - great times.

I like the word "minutiae" because of all the vowels at the end.  In third grade, I would try spelling my name different ways, just to see the vowels interact on the end: Jessey, Jessiey, Jessiy, etc.  My teacher made me stop, unless I wanted to be called "Jessie."

A friend emailed me today asking some questions about our wedding (planning, etc.); I wrote her back a novel and attached two substantial excel spreadsheets.  Yikes.

Our house is staying cooler, as we're turning on the ac before it gets too hot.

This post brought to you by all the "25 things" notes I've been reading on facebook. :)


1 comment:

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

You are too funny:) Great to hear from you! Yup, we're having a girl- exciting! Yeah, what is up with all the "25 Things" on Facebook- I've been getting a million of them. We miss you here in the States but having "a Jesse" as a husband is worth the separation! They are generally good men (don't want to put them in a box, though:)