Our bedroom furniture arrived today!! :D The dresser smells like cedar; it's wonderful. We haven't taken out the bedside tables yet; we wanted to get the bed put together first, as that seems to be the bigger project. The fact that we won't have to sleep on the floor anymore is quite exciting. Not that we didn't have a mattress; it will just be nice to have a real bed.
We got the headboard and footboard assembled before we headed off to lunch with the Ministers' Association for the Christmas get-together. Only 2 of the other wives came, but it was fun to get to know everyone there. I had a great time talking with one of the women who attends a group in Newcastle for minsters' wives, and she said she'd let me know the next time they were meeting. So that's exciting.
I accompanied Jesse on a hospital visit for the first time yesterday. We had quite the time finding our way around inside, at least in part because we knew the woman had been pregnant, but whether the baby had been born or not remained a mystery. After taking a few wrong turns, and asking for directions more often than either of us would like to admit, we found her.
Now that the furniture's finally here, it seems there's plenty to do. I'll need to go and buy sheets (we have some coming from our wedding registry items, but those are still 5-7 weeks from arriving, even though we know what they are), and I've needed to get some groceries in order to put on a Thanksgiving dinner of sorts for the young adults tomorrow night. (Yes, tomorrow is Wednesday, but Thursday night is volleyball and cricket night, and there would not be time for a big meal afterward!) Thing is; I'll be on foot to the grocery store and Kmart, so I'll be choosing my purchases wisely or suffering the consequences ;) Once I have the things we need, I can finish putting the knobs on dresser drawers and start putting clothes away. It will be a good day when our front rooms are no longer completely cluttered with suitcases.
1 week ago

1 comment:
Hi Jessica! So glad to hear that you are getting settled and getting a real bed! It was so fun for me being newly married, starting off with not much, having to take groceries home by foot and making a home. Reading your blog makes me think of those happy years long ago. :)
Loving you, Marianne (the neighbor across the street from Mary Lynn)
Post a Comment