Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas is coming...

...but you wouldn't know it by the weather!  Or at least, I wouldn't.  Yesterday, Jesse and I went in to Newcastle to run some passport-related errands (I need a new one before we play the visa game again this coming winter/summer depending on your hemispherical location, and he needs more pages before he can travel anywhere), then spent a few hours at the beach.  It was fun to get out for a bit, play in the waves, and enjoy the milder coastal weather.  Once we got past the errand-running, a good day overall.

My computer is still mostly down for the count, which is frustrating, and I wish I could say I'm dealing well with it.  But - I'm not, really :)

I've been doing some baking, being thankful for the thunderstorms that make the weather bearable enough to bake in.  I made some sugar cookies and frosted them for us to give a few neighbors, and I'm working on some gingerbread cookies.  I left them in the fridge overnight, as opposed to only a few hours, and our overzealous fridge (which sometimes freezes things) seems to have overdone its job.  So I'm waiting for the dough to soften a bit before finishing the rolling, cutting, and baking.

As Christmas rolls around this year, I'm realizing that I'm tired of stuff.  Tired of books that can't come with us when we move.  Tired of little trinkets that looked cute in the store.  I'm loving the Christmas cards coming in - really appreciating the connection with people they represent.  Thanks for those.  We've got some good plans for Christmas, including going to see friends in Sydney, so that's something to look forward to.  And the chance of a snowstorm thwarting our plans is slim to none ;)

No comments: