The postman just arrived with all of our Wedding List presents, which is quite exciting as well. I was realizing that we'd just finally stuffed the last of the cardboard from our bedroom set into the recycling bin, only to have all of this arrive, but I'm excited because it means (a) we have our presents, and (b) all our stuff is finally in one place. We're getting there. Yay.
We also bought a curtain rod to try to shut off the back half of the house, as that's where the sun is in the afternoon, and it makes the living room hot. However, it was too long for the space (we bought an extendable one, and even fully collapsed it's 4 inches or so too long), which is a bummer.
I'm making progress in the front rooms of the house in terms of organization. I've been able to fit a bunch of suitcases under the twin bed in the guest room. Tonight, we're hoping to put up some of our wall decorations, most of which were obtained from other travels. We were going to have an "Africa room" but I think so much of our stuff came from various places in Africa that we may need to spread it out a little more. We shall see.
Now, I'm off to open up the presents!

No comments:
Post a Comment