Monday, December 15, 2008

quick update...

No, I haven't forgotten the blog, but I have been dealing with annoying computer problems.  It's been sporadically shutting down, with varying error codes at fault.  I called the hp support people, and the guy basically told me that I'd have to take all my files off and reinstall all the software.  Annoying, particularly when I have limited download-ability.  At any rate, I'm still exploring other options to pinpoint the problem without having to effectively do a re-image.  I've done a bit of online research, but most of the potential solutions seem to be a bit above my technical expertise.  The ones that aren't - I can't look at the page long enough before the computer crashes and restarts.  We've contacted one of Jesse's friends who seems to know things about computers for help; if anyone else fancies yourself gifted in this arena, by all means, let me know!

We set up our Christmas tree on Friday, and it's now happily lighted.  I even wrapped a few presents this afternoon, so our living room is looking festive.  Since it's summer break here for many of the schools (or will be later this week), we had our first free Friday night last week.  That was nice; we were actually able to take Friday off, and only made one brief trip out of the house.  We're going to try to be better about taking a full day off in our week, to get the rest we need.

I'm still loving being at home, and having that flexibility.  We went to an award show at one of the local high schools (where several of the youth group kids attend), and it was remarkably like the award shows I remember from jr. high and high school.  They were efficient about the academic awards, waxed eloquent about the athletics, and there was the one star athlete who was also smart that won a lot of awards, prompting a "guess who" from one of the student leaders when announcing that she'd won yet another award.

For now, it's off to bed; I'm still alive, I'm just in crazy computer drama at the moment.

No comments: