Sunday, December 28, 2008

mini-vacation

We're back from Sydney, having thoroughly enjoyed the company of friends for a few days.  We took a walk over to the water in the evening of one day - what a luxury to be so near the beach!  We also enjoyed playing the new Wii games we'd each received; our Mario Party and their Mario Kart.  It was nice to simply have other people around, whether we were playing a game together, or reading while some played, or playing with their baby.  A good time.

Cricket is on again, the second test match between Australia and South Africa.  Jesse's napping on the couch.  When I visited Senegal, my dear hostess made me nap/rest during this, the hottest part of the day.  I think she was on to something; there's not much to be done but rest through the heat.

Not much to report on the job front; the recruiter is on holiday.  I'm having trouble discerning what exactly I want, which isn't necessarily helping matters either.  There are a few opportunities/plans we've made or would like to make that could be hindered by my getting a job.  It's hard for me to make the call.  I think I need to trust that we will find the right job for me, as I keep looking.

Having received my wedding photos last month, I'm finally getting the prints ordered.  That's exciting.  I had to wait for our internet to re-cycle so that I wouldn't use it all up.  Speaking of internet, we're looking into getting another gig per month.  That would be cool.

In culinary news, we found an organic grocery store near our friends' in Sydney that carries spelt flour for $3 less per kg.  Our natural foods store up here charges $9/kg, and they haven't had any spelt flour for weeks.  Now that our breadmaker has arrived, I can finally make myself some guilt-free bread, without a good portion of the hard work!

Guess those are all the snippets of news I have for now.  Hope everyone enjoyed Christmas with family and friends.

No comments: